4.29.2012

the weekend artist series: Food Art #1-01: Recipe Art



Here's the finished Food Recipe Art I have been working on. 
You can find the details of the recipe in the painting but to those 
who want a clearer copy of the recipe here is the one my mom uses:

Chicken Pita Pockets

1. Heat oil(achuete oil 1/4 cup). Saute onions(1 sliced red onion) and garlic. 
Stir in shredded chicken breast(1 chicken breast, shredded). Season and add salt and pepper
2. Dip: combine 1/2 cup all-purpose cream, 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon, 2 tbsp garlic(minced)
3. Assemble prepared chicken into heated pita pocket. Place mango slices and cucumber(seeded and sliced). Add a drizzle of Garlic dip.


It's quite a healthy alternative snack or even meal 
because it is quite filling specially with corn.

I also dedicate this post to my friends over at the 
FOOD REVO PHILIPPINES in support of their crusade for healthier eating. 

Do stop over and like their page to get more details for the MAY 19th event. 
My dear friend joanie aka THE ARTIST CHEF is the Philippines Ambassador. 
Do check out her page as well.

Food Revo Philippines FB fanpage:
The Artist Chef:

going back to my artwork...here are some progress shots:

I used watercolor for the fill and used Letraset Tria for the outlines.
I finished it with a metallic spray to create a 'vintage' look.
I had fun doing this artwork and will go out today 
to have it framed for my mom's kitchen.

have a great weekend!
-the weekend artist-

8 comments:

Autumn Leaves said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely to look at and sounds so yummy to eat!

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@CrimsonLeaves thanks! i enjoyed making it a lot!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cute idea for a painting.

Winnie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is so clever. You should frame it and hang it in your dining or kitchen area. Having a recipe like that in a painting will remind you always of your mom.

Elaine Ramos said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your painting is lovely! I wish I could create something like that. I have just started learning watercolor. Do you have any tips? I tend to "over color."

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Elaine Ramos Hi elaine! Thanks for dropping by. Well I don't actually have a technique I use all the time I tend to try different ways when I start painting plus it matters what paper you are using as well. One I do use is how to control my range of colors is I paint the dark shades first sometimes that way I don't develop a wide range with me trying to make it darker...until I do have a big range of colors on. But I love colors so I guess over-coloring is actually not too bad for me.

p.s. sorry it took me a long-time to reply...life got in the way ...you know what I mean!

HeARTworks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! This looks huge or is it just the angle of the photo? I like it! I'm tempted to try making this even if I'm very seldom in the kitchen. Patsy from
HeARTworks

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hands to Work, Hearts to God Thanks! This is actually around 11" x 16" piece. It just looks big in the photo. Me too I love making food and fruit paintings though am seldom in the kitchen as well =)