4.06.2012

the weekend artist artist fave art materials: A digital toy camera

photo from http://leicarumors.com/2010/12/15/leica-look-a-like.aspx/

As I have mentioned in my previous post my craving for lomography 
has not been sated at all.
My hubby has been saying that it is really not worth my money since it's only a 'toy' being the 'expert' on cameras. 
He has been into photography way before I met him, so maybe he is right. 
So I settled on a digital toy camera which is a Vivitar Vivicam 
specifically the one on the left.
 I bought it with a fabric strap(quite similar to the one in the picture above in tan color). They often describe this model as a Leica-look-alike. 
I fell in love with it's vintage look.

Here are some sample shots from the same model of camera. 
All photos taken from http://p-gear.com/SHOP/viv8027.html
I actually bought the cam for  around HKD 800.00 in hongkong from Log-On.
The quality can't compare though to a good Digital camera but it does serve it's purpose generating lomo-ish shots. 

p.s. Im still wanting a Diana lomo camera...hopefully soon!

goodbye for now...
-the weekend artist- 

3 comments:

HeARTworks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haven't seen you for some time! My camera got busted and I am now using my Ipod to take pics for my blog- it works fine! It even has some effects I use (like lomo!). I've never been to Shamsuipo (looks like I'm missing soemthing!) Yes do try the altered book project. If you want to be creative every day, there's always something you can do for it! I like Sark, I have one of her books. She's alsways so enthusiastic! :^) patsy

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hands to Work, Hearts to God

Yes I love Stark I'll try looking for more of her books.
My ipod touch doesn't have a camera so I can't use it for my photos. Yes I saw ur instagram shots as well on your fb account =) they look nice.

andrea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi! I love your blog! Am selling my Amsterdam Diana+F lomo, would you be interested? :) Thanks!

drea
rainbowrama@gmail.com