7.20.2011

the weekend artist big idea #2: Blog Banner Stories

This is the first blog banner I used. It's a photo I took during our last trip to Boracay.
I used it for the banner because at that time I was excited with my upcoming trip(I just finished booking our tickets that time) plus I wanted to show where I am from(from the islands of the Philippines).

I incorporated a logo which I am using consistently for all my blog banners.
It might get confusing because of my need for constant change but it feels right. I like that it also tells a story. Im thinking Google banner that you know it is the still same google logo but designed differently.
I love that my banners shows where I am now, how 'Im feeling or just simply because I like it that's why I used it=).
I used PS for almost everything and effects I've found here and there.



Here's the 2nd banner I made. It was in anticipation of the Mad Tea Party which I joined and did wonders for my blog. I love this banner so much because I love the book and the movie! It felt right at the time to join the blog party but I admit I was stressed a bit when the it was crunch time since I was so new into blogging. But it was definitely worth the effort.
Check out my Mad Tea Party post here:

I used bricks texture to match the somewhat organic-morbid-fantasy feeling I got from watching the latest Alice in wonderland movie.


And here's my latest one which I finally am using. I decided to add another layer via PS to make it more dreamy. I guess Im at a stage in my life or moment when I feel like taking a seat and looking back at where I have been and looking forward to what I want to do in the future. Plus my bucketlist keeps on popping up in my head!

Again I used my TWA logo to maintain consistency since am a newbie blogger and have changed my blog banner so many times(sorry can't help it!).

________________

Can you belive it's the 3rd week of july! The end of my Blog Giveaway is near! Hope you will all still join!
http://theweekendartist.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-giveaway.html

Yassou!
-The Weekend Artist-


0 comments: