11.06.2012

The Weekend Artist Series #3-01: Two Weddings and a Fashion Show

Reception Venue: Philippine Army Officers Club is all set!
A wedding reception I helped organize for a couple close to my heart.

For 3 months I stayed away from writing about my creative projects and my life. I finally found my need to write again.

What kept me away for three months?

1. Work happened...it was Fashion Week season last October. My job eats so much of my time specially with all the details we wanted to put into our SS13 show.

2. I accepted new projects for wedding coordinating for special friends and of course together with my dear friends/partners.

3. FAMILY. My sister from LA and my nephew arrived for a 3 week vacation!
Plus our grandmother got sick. She has been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 months. It has been hard seeing my mom and her siblings worry about her.

I had to really prioritize all things. Now that everything has settled into a somewhat semi-normal lull that is my life, I have this need again to try to express myself artistically. This blog has somewhat been instrumental for me to pursue again my love for traditional art and well at least practice or rather somewhat discipline me to share on any creative insights I have.

Not bothering to go through the long route of explaining everything that happened I will just be sharing more of what I'm doing with the Two Weddings and maybe slip in some Fashion Show tidbits(or not). Here are some more photos from previous weddings I have organized with my dear friends. Hope I won't bore you with sharing these creative treats from all my organizing events =)

Have a great day ahead!

Registration Pads all adorned with graphics specially made for the bride and groom.
I simply did a re-layout for the registration to tie-in with all the elements.
Scented Vials for Guests and Drinks from Singapore
were treats given out during one of the weddings we organized.
(My dear friend/partner did the Vials packaging for the couple)
-photos courtesy of the bride and groom-
Moodboard I helped pick for one of the weddings I am currently organizing.
(Photos from Pinterest)

-the weekend artist-


0 comments: