7.20.2012

the weekend artist series: Paper Art #1: Wedding Invitations Designs

Who doesn't love weddings? I so love them I organize them as a sideline. 
What's funny is I still always get teary-eyed whenever the Dad walks her daughter 
down the aisle, whenever the couple say their vows, 
as well as during the couples first dance!
 So that is what I have been busy with during my time away from my blog 
for almost 2 months now apart from my job.


Actually I was at a family gathering recently when one of my aunts 
asked me about my blog and why I haven't been updating.
I told her that I haven't been working on it because 
I have been too busy with my day job 
and coordinating weddings during my free time.
 I haven't been painting lately or even finish my old projects. 
She suggested that I just share what I have been working on right now.
So here I am sharing a bit of what I am doing 
and for the coming weeks I will keep on sharing more.


Aside from wedding coordinating I have been accepting commission work
 for wedding invitation designs as well for a couple of years already. 
I think my love for paper is evident on why I still keep on accepting invites designing.


With weddings I still get to exercise my creative side from coordinating, 
selecting flowers, wedding gown designs and specially the invitations. 

I would be more than willing to share my experiences about starting a wedding coordinating business of your own here for those who want to ask. 
You can just drop me a note.
(All pictures included here are invites designed by me)

How about you wanna share what's been keeping you busy?

-the weekend artist-


5 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad you're posting about whatever you're doing in your life... That's what I do...home decorating, journaling, crocheting, baking....it keeps things real, and interesting!

Your invitations are gorgeous...you have a natural talent...keep it up!

I love paper too....it' what artist's do, right!!!

Ciao bella
Creative Carmelina

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@**CREATIVE CARMELINA**Thanks Carmelina! That's very awesome specially coming from you! Im so addicted to paper i treasure them so much I can't bear to use them even because some are so pretty!

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
HeARTworks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Planning weddings are so exciting. In a way, you become part of the family and you are able to witness one of the most important times of their lives! Great job on the invites! tita patsy

The Weekend Artist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hands to Work, Hearts to God thanks tita patsy! Yes I do feel that way maybe that's why I still get emotional over each one I do. I feel fulfilled every project I finish because it feels like I was a part of something important.